Thursday, December 28, 2006

To the Reader.

It is likely that the reader expected that Infant baptism should have been vindicated in the preceding treatise, and that also something should have been said with respect to the mode of baptism. But I must observe, that the limits assigned for this treatise did not permit to enter upon these subjects ; neither have I at this time an opportunity of prosecuting the work. But should the Society at whose expense this is published, see cause hereafter to have a treatise printed on Infant baptism, and likewise on the mode of baptism, I shall endeavor to furnish the manuscript as soon as practicable. There are also sundry texts which have reference to baptism, but because they are more particularly connected with Infant baptism, I did not in this treatise bring them into view.

Whereas, in all human compositions there are imperfections, there is no doubt but there are such in this treatise. Now, if any of our brethren should discover any essential errors in this work, I request them to inform me of the same, either verbally or by mail, so that I may correct them in another pamphlet. Further, if any of my brethren are acquainted with other good arguments in addition to those employed in this treatise, I also solicit their communication.

FINIS.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home